Below, you'll find extensive information
on leading satellite radios articles and products to help you on your
way to success.
TV Addiction Quiz
By Katherine Westphal
TV Addiction Quiz
By Katherine Westphal
According to Nielsen Media Research, Inc., the average American watches for 4 hours 32 minutes every day. The time people are spending in front of the TV, in spite of the warnings about obesity and other negative effects, strongly suggests that America has a serious addiction problem. In fact, a Scientific American study found that acts like an addictive drug.
This quiz is a fun assessment of TV's influence in your life. Does it occupy an inordinate amount of your time, attention, and living space? Does it get in the way of other activities? In short, does your control you or do you control your TV?
Are you addicted to TV? Find out now:
1. Do you have more than one set? Yes  No 
2. Do you watch more than 2 hrs of per day? Yes  No 
3. Is your family on for over 4 hours per day? Yes  No 
4. Is the focal point of your Family Room a set? Yes  No 
5. Do you have a in your bedroom? Yes  No 
6. Can you turn off the in the middle of your favorite show? Yes  No 
7. Do you ever rush home, speeding or driving recklessly, to catch your favorite show? Yes  No 
8. Do you eat dinner while watching TV? Yes  No 
9. Do you schedule your life around your favorite shows? Yes  No 
10. Can you tell what time it is by which show is on? Yes  No 
11. Can you turn
off the now and leave it off for three days? Yes  No 
12. Do you ever mindlessly surf through channels? Yes  No 
13. Do you need to unwind or fall asleep after a hard day? Yes  No 
14. Do you need to help wake you up in the morning? Yes  No 
15. Do you watch more than you talk to your family? Yes  No 
16. Do you ever leave the on longer than you intend to? Yes  No 
17. Do you feel you watch too much TV? Yes  No 
18. Have you ever missed an important event, because you were watching TV? Yes  No 
19. Have you ever tried to quit watching unsuccessfully? Yes  No 
20. Do you have difficulty limiting the time you spend on the TV? Yes  No 
To calculate your score:
For all questions, except for #6 and #11, give yourself 1 point for every "Yes" answer and 0 points for every "No." For questions #6 and #11 give yourself 0 points for every "Yes" answer and 1 point for every "No." Add your total.
Your total: ____________
If your total is 6 or under, you are more in control of your than your is in control of you. Still, keep an eye on how much you watch to make sure your time isn't displacing your other important activities. A addiction can sneak up on you.
If your total is between 7 and 14, you are probably somewhat addicted to your and will have to work to control it. Try making a schedule and planning lots of other fun, healthy activities to keep your mind off the TV.
If your total is 15 or over, you may have a serious addiction problem. You may need to take extreme steps, including getting rid of your TV, to get in control of the time you spend watching TV. It will be worth the effort, however.
Life is too short to waste it in front of the TV.
Katherine Westphal is the guru of TV control, and the founder of Trash Your TV. Find out how you can get in control of your TV, video games, and computer addictions with The TV-Free System
We strive to provide only quality articles,
so if there is a specific topic related to tv
that you would like us to cover, please contact us at any time.
And again, thank you to those contributing daily
to our satellite radios website.
Watch Your Favorite Team Play On Direct TV
By Julia Hall
With football season approaching, sports fans can't afford to miss out on all the great NFL action available through Directv . NFL Sunday Ticket is only offered with a subscription to Read more...
|1960's BATMAN TV SERIES
By Archie C. Artienda
Batman one of the best movie of all time, from cartoon series, tv series, and even on the big screen. Lots of people specially kids really love this movie. This movies have lots of award. Some of Read more...
|In the UK, the BBC is funded by public money rather than advertising. This money is gathered by the payment of a licence. Initially this was a radio licence, later came TV licences, sound only licences (for radio) and colour TV licences.
C Band Satellite
Real Time Satellite
Watching Satellite TV For Free – Truth Exposed!
By Davion Wong
Watching satellite TV for free is a great idea welcomed by all. You may have come across commercial advertisements, whether online or offline through different media channels, offering free satellite Read more...
|The Advantages of Owning a Big TV
By Morgan Hamilton
Why do people go to the cinema, when they can buy or rent all the movies they want and watch them in their own homes? It is mainly because of those lovely large screens that the cinema has to offer. Read more...
|Are You Sure You Don’t Need a CCTV Camera Monitor?
By Dan Crane
Surveillance cameras are one of the best ways to monitor and capture any illegal activity, such as shoplifting in stores or supermarkets, some fighting near schools, or robbery in the warehouse. But Read more...
|Why should you order your satellite TV deals online?
By Teddy Low
As there are increasing numbers of people who are shopping for satellite TV services online, many other inexperienced shoppers doubt the reason behind such situation. Many wonder why ordering from Read more...
|Plasma TV Cabling
By Jakob Culver
Many people that buy a plasma tv let themselves down and the plasma tv down by not connecting the cables right and not buying the correct ones. Because of this the display you get out of your plasma Read more...